Thursday, May 3, 2007

Trans(disfunct)ions


I found this photo on my mom's computer the other day. Its from my departmental graduation ceremony at CU. I received a grey diploma cover sans diploma. It was not a very rewarding day. I got to thinking--a very dangerous activity if you are not fully prepared for its ramifications-- what do I do now? For the past 19 years the only institution I've known well is school. You are told what to do, and when to do it by, and although stressful sometimes, extremely comfortable. Naturally I find myself compelled to drift back towards that environment. (i.e. the decision to apply and go to graduate school). So maybe this post is addressing that concern in my own life. Am I too scared to enter the "real" world, or is the pursuit of knowledge and truth enough of a justification to continue living the comfortable life. I guess my debt and myself have some growing to do.
On another note last night I sent my first indoor v7. It was all slopers, my climbing mitts are finally coming in handy. This weekend plans seem to be shaping up nicely with respect to the climbing trips. I met some new folks at the gym close to my mom's house, and we will be crushing rocks at Carter Lake on Saturday. I love Spring time Colorado.

No comments: