Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ninja Night Sesh

I stare out my window watching the snow hurl itself towards the ground debilitating the city. These are my favorite snow storms as long as I am not forced into the brutal world to deal with the stresses of transporting myself. Old Man Winter rears its ugly head hopefully for the last time this season, humbling and reminding us of his capabilities. A saving grace for some, and possible death for others.

Last night Scott, Josh, Larkin, and I rigged up a highline in the peaceful calm before the ensuing storm on North Table Mountain at the Golden Spire. It was only my 4th line, and it was in the dark. The weather was unusually cooperative after its inital bouts to boot us off the mountain. We strapped on our patience pants and set up in a timely fashion. By we I mean Scott because I have a limited idea of what I'm doing. I did take the opportunity to set up my tripod and take some pictures however.

Larkin joined us as I was flailing about on the line. I had sent the downward direction, and was having trouble cruising the uphill direction. Luckily Larkin brought a few powerful portable lights, and the pictures turned out great..when we used them. Police cars flashed their lights on us from below in Golden, so we decided to forgoe the lights for the 2nd half of the session. However the ambient light from the storm and glow from the lights reflecting off the clouds were more than enough to allow us to see the short line.
It was a really great time. Scott and I reflected on how much fun these mid week excursions were, and agreed much more of these shenanigans would take place in the coming months. Here are a few pics of the Ninja Night Sesh.


Scott sorting his many lines to find the right one.

Scott and Josh kicking it at Dusk.

I asked Scott to hold still for 15 seconds for this shot. The ambience of the sky did not show up in the pictures unfortunately.

Scott sends in "Full Man" Style

Hero Picture on top of North Table Mountain.

3 comments:

T Lit said...

hahah good times, man. Looks like a sick little spot for a line. Snowfall measure...?

Said said...

we've got 6 inches and counting...

T Lit said...

...that's what she said :P