Friday, January 16, 2009

Best of 2008 Photography Installment #1

I began looking back through my photographs from 2008. In terms of photography it was a big year for me. I bought a digital SLR, and I truly began to learn much more regarding the technical aspects of photography, and my camera tells me I took over 7400 photographs. It is a confluence of science of art, technical know how, and a compositional eye. I still have much to learn. Some of these photos are placed in this category because I thought they were great photos, some because they have sentimental value, and others because It was the first time I took a good picture using a new technique. I suppose it is hard to really critique your own photos because there is certainly a level of attachment that exists. Here is the first component of the best of 2008.



This is actually me climbing. My cousin, Siamak, took this photograph. I think it is amazing. As my good friend Matt Kerr says, this should be on the cover of climbing magazine IMHO.








I soloed half way up a sketch 5.7 trad route at T wall to get a photo of my friend Kyle on an adjacent route. To my dismay, I could not even see him climb. I felt obligated to take a photo, and this is the product. A nice perspective of T wall.






No comments: